Photo: Oddbjorn Steffensen Photography
Sunday 10 February 1pm
The Little Destroyers (NRD) vs. Jackdaw Chicks (Uppsala)
The Little Destroyers is a junior roller derby team from Norrköping. Some of the players have played for a years and a half, while others only for about six months. On Sunday, 13 of these players will meet Jackdaw Chicks from Uppsala. This will be The Little Destroyers first bout without help from players from other teams.
- The Little Destroyers play at level 2, which means that they play according to the same rules as regular roller derby (WFTDA ruleset) with the exception that you cannot hit each other with speed, the coach Marie-Louise Andersson explains.
NRD’s junior group consists of 23 players in the age group 7-16 years.
Sunday November 25th, Ektorpshallen
11.00 AM - Norrköping Roller Derby B vs. Örebro Roller Derby
NRD B and ÖRD have met before, and then Örebro has been the winner. Now we will play at home, and have prepared well.
- It is a bout that we are looking forward to. Örebro is a strong team, but we have worked hard and are aiming for a win, says the team captain Johanna Lönn-Skogh.
NRD A tested their forces against top team
Sunday 28 October, Farstahallen
Stockholm Roller Derby Allstars vs. Norrköping Roller Derby A: 200-69
Despite the loss, NRD A is pleased with the bout. NRD A has made some changes in their game lately, looking forward to the opportunity to test where they stand against one of Europe's top teams.
- We really got our game to work today, many things we've been practicing for the last few months fell in place. As expected, there was a loss today, but we got a clear indication that we are on the right track, says team captain Angelica Lundin
STRD Allstars is in place 6 in the European ranking.
Sunday October 28th:
12.00 - Stockholm Roller Derby Allstars vs. Norrköping Roller Derby A
NRD A has made some changes in their play recently, and are looking forward to the opportunity to test where they stand against one of Europe's top teams.
- We were very excited when we received this request because STRD Allstars is a bit of a dream stand for us, says team captain Angelica Lundin.
STRD Allstars is in number 6 in Europe.
Two days, three bouts in Stadium Arena
Saturday October 6th:
15.00 - Norrköping Roller Derby A vs. Gothenburg Roller Derby A
Sunday October 7th:
12:00 - Norrköping Roller Derby B vs. Jackdaw City Rollers A (Uppsala)
15.00 - The Beleafers vs. Hösten med resten
The weekend starts on Saturday with a visit from Gothenburg. The team is ranked 35th in Europe. Norrköping A team in place 53. It will be a tough and important match.
- It is not just a matter of European Rankings, but also a pointers on how we stand when we are going to take part in the world rankings, says Catharina Bergström, captain of NRD A.
When NRD A met Gothenburg two years ago, it was a new experience that made the team completely remake their gameplay. More efforts were needed to cope with harder hits and smart offensive game, such as Gothenburg has.
- Both we and them have evolved and changed since then. I'm really looking forward to meeting them again and making a new power measurement. With the home crowd's support, we'll take it home, says Catharina.
On Sunday there will be a bout bwith NRD B and Jackdaw City Rollers from Uppsala. Last season, NRD B played in Division 2, and JCR A in Division 1.
- They made a strong effort in the series, so we expect hard resistance. We hope to draw lessons about what we need to build on for the next round of the series game, says Viktoria Lindén, captain of NRD B.
The weekend ends with two teams unique for this event. There are players from both NRD and KAOS, Norrköpings merby-team Killer Apes from Outer Space. It may be a high-speed bout that will cause the autumn leaves to fall from the trees!
Results, Sunday September 30th
Västerås Roller Derby vs. Norrköping Roller Derby B: 197-73
Norrköping Roller Derby B vs. Dock City Rollers B (Gothenburg): 19-259
It became two tough but educative games in Örebro. NRD B did not reach sucess when the opponents steered the game.
- Västerås was strong, and Göteborg was even stronger. Nevertheless, it did not feel like a loss, the team captain Viktoria Lindén summarizes the day.
The team got a chance to try their new constellation and look at the ways in which they need to evolve.
- We lose in ranking, but instead have gained experience, Viktoria says.
Idrottshuset, Örebro Sunday 30 September
11.00 Västerås Roller Derby vs. Norrköping Roller Derby B
16.00 Norrköping Roller Derby B vs. Dock City Rollers B (Gothenburg)
At the moment, the Swedish Skating Federation is aiming to develop the series for roller derby, and therefore this season is paused. But Sweden's roller derby is still rolling! NRD B finished last season as winner in Division 2, and advanced to Division 1.
- In Division 1, we would have met Västerås Roller Derby, so we're look forward to this match even if it's out of the series game, says team captain Viktoria Lindén.
The same day, NRD B also meets the Dock City Rollers B team from Gothenburg.
- We lost to them at home in May, so now we are eager to win this time, says Viktoria.
Saturday, September 22, Oxford
Swansea City Roller Derby vs Norrköping Roller Derby A: 212-135
Oxford A vs Norrköping Roller Derby A: 160-146
The first game against Swansea was high intensity from start. They played strongly offensive, making it difficult for NRD A to get control of the game.
- Although we had contact at the beginning, Swansea went out to win it, says team captain Angelica Lundin.
The Norrköping team then recharged for the next meeting. Oxford also played hard and intense, but had a play that was easier for NRD A to make better use of. It was an exciting finish on the match.
- For the last jam it was a tie, 146-146. But Oxford managed to take lead, got to play where they picked points and won the game.
NRD A had wanted to go home with other results, but is still pleased with the performance.
Double Matches in England on Saturday September 22nd
10.45 AM - Swansea City Roller Derby vs Norrköping Roller Derby A
3.00 PM - Oxford A vs Norrköping Roller Derby A
The European rankings say that there should be relatively even matches. In place 38 in Europe is Oxford, in place 39 we find Swansea and in place 49 is our team. With double away games, NRD A does not have the prerequisites on their side.
- We aim to win both matches, even though we are humble because we rarely play two tough games on the same day, says team captain Angelica Lundin.
Our A-team has previously played against English team at home, and then experienced physically hard and fast resistance.